Tuesday, March 1, 2011

itty bitty living space

We'll get this out of the way first: these pictures are kind of awful.  My skirt's all wrinkled, the lighting's off, and my the couch clashes with the red. (Not that I dress to match my furniture. That would be weird.)  I edited the heck out of them, and I think it just made it worse.  So there's that.

Then there's the awesome optical illusion that I didn't mean to create. I wasn't even going to post these pictures for the reasons mentioned above, but I couldn't resist once I saw the trick they played on me.

Do you see it?  I'll give you a minute. (hint: it's way more pronounced in the second picture)

skirt/ann taylor loft, shirt&earrings/thrifted, tights&cardigan/target, boots/rough hewn, belt/h&m

On the internet, giving you a minute means you have to scroll down. It's true. Spoiler space.

Did you figure it out? I look disproportionately large.

But why, you ask? Or you didn't ask, probably. I'm still going to tell you. It's the bookshelf on the left side!  You probably can't tell it's a bookshelf; it looks like the corner of the wall.  But since the bookshelf is significantly shorter than the wall, it creates the illusion that the ceiling is also much lower than in reality.

I am a giant living in a tiny dollhouse!

I don't have a whole lot more to say about these pictures.  I got bangs. Argyle tights are better than other tights.

I have to go stomp around a tiny village now. Then build a house on top of a beanstalk. No time to waste!



3 comments:

  1. I got it right away!!!! I was like, "Holy Cow! She is super tall, it is like Alice in Wonderland!" you work those argyle tights. yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I was going to reference Alice in Wonderland in the title, but all I could think of was, "Drink me!" and that seemed weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't thinking Alice in Wonderland, I was thinking Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Neat effect!

    ReplyDelete