Thursday, March 3, 2011

baby it's cold outside


In preparation for a project that I'll be starting in a couple weeks, I decided to venture beyond my balcony to take pictures yesterday. There's some awkwardness to be overcome in the whole setting up a tripod to take pictures of yourself in a public place thing. I thought it would be best to try it the first time when it was twenty-five degrees out, and no one in their right mind was at the park. (I am not, by the way, included in that "in their right mind" category for the purposes of this story.)

Here are some of the lessons that I learned the hard way on this adventure:
1. Always wear gloves until the last possible second.
2. Bring boots with good traction if the grass is going to be covered in a quarter inch of ice.
3. Do not wander far from your car because of a pretty tree. You won't take any pictures of it anyway, and it will take that much longer to get back once your fingers have started to turn blue.

Yeah, it was really cold.  So cold that I had no option but to use a Christmas song title for the title of the post (and an overdone one at that).  I left with only two good pictures because I couldn't feel my fingers to press the buttons on the camera anymore.  I think I did a pretty good job acting like I was having fun, though, don't you?  And that red wall is fantastic.


dress-as-skirt/thrifted, shoes&sweater&belt&necklace/target, tights/?

2 comments:

  1. Psst...Natalie...
    I don't know if you've noticed, but the background of your blog keeps changing. I just thought that I should let you know so that it doesn't get away with anything without your permission.
    Also - I love the red wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute outfit. Love the red background. :)

    ReplyDelete