Wednesday, February 16, 2011

come on spring


Happy Valentine's Day!  Yes, two days later.  I hold that one day should not have a monopoly on heart-shaped chocolates. The adorable one above is from a small gift that all of the employees at work received in our mailboxes on Monday. And while, as a non-bitter single person, I feel neither animosity nor particular excitement towards Valentine's Day, I am always appreciative of surprise chocolate.

However, I am even more excited about what Valentine's Day means in terms of the larger picture - springtime!

Or at least that's what it meant when I lived in Memphis. Wisconsin doesn't seem to have gotten the memo.

But I don't really care what Wisconsin thinks.  I am dressing for spring anyway.



Okay, I know I said that I didn't think I would be style-blogging. And honestly, this outfit is not exactly daring or creative (also my hair is slightly wet). But I just couldn't resist the challenge of taking interesting pictures with nothing but a point-and-shoot, my balcony, a table, and about fifteen minutes to edit. And it was a lot of fun. So there you have it.



The crazy thing is, we actually have a high of fifty degrees today.  You know how many degrees above freezing that is?  Eighteen. That's right. We beat you today, winter.  All that snow you can see in the background of the first picture - it might actually melt!

Or, you know, we may end up with five inches left instead of ten. As the optimist that I try to be, I choose to see that as half melted instead of half frozen. Or something

With that kind of thinking, the groundhog's prediction, and the flowers on my shirt, spring might actually be convinced to come visit Wisconsin a little early! I can always hope.

Dreaming of the days when I can ride a bike outside
jeans&shirt/ann taylor loft, cardigan/target, belt/don't know, shoes/thrifted-old navy

4 comments:

  1. I really like this one! your pictures are full of texture and I REALLY like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures. and I like the new look to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is so cute =) I love the belted cardigan over the top, so lovely! It really suits you =D And I want spring too!
    Following you now =D
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy - Thanks! I have to admit,the texture was almost completely coincidental, but I was also very happy with how it turned out. :)

    Sian - Thank you so much! I'm following you as well! I loved your recent post on style inspirations.

    ReplyDelete